|Cooldown Time||12 days|
- An Eevee
- A small amount of money
- Possibly an Evolution Stone
"I have spent a very long time here, in solitude with my brothers. I have far surpassed them, both in spirit and in strength. Have you got what it takes?"
Sage is a boss NPC that can be found in the top floor of Sprout Tower.
It is a Sage that is in hiding behind a Bellsprout statue... Or perhaps is he the Bellsprout statue itself?
Boss rework 2019
Sage was part of the Boss rework in early 2019 and was updated at the 'Unknown. The boss rework was issued and is still ongoing to improve the boss NPC's in general. All reworked bosses are coded in Python and not in Xanascript anymore, which gives new opportunities. Reworked bosses can now have held items as well. One of the biggest benefits is, that the Python script sees when if the server crashed in order to not count a lose in case the player fought against the boss while the server crashed. In such a case the player can simply re-fight the boss.
The boss rework implies a challenge for players on any experience level who do enjoy doing bosses because of the three difficulty level every not story related boss has, which ensures that bosses are challengable for newer players and also be a chellange for those who have a high Pokémon knowledge. Boss teams are decisively reworked and only contain level 100 Pokémon. EVs and hold items do vary among other things - also depending on the difficulty level.
- Easy: bosses have no EVs and no hold items; as well as a weakened moveset. Consecutive win rewards are also not available.
- Medium: bosses have 252 EVs in each stat and hold items.
- Hard: bosses have 400 EVs in each stat and hold items. Furthermore, the player is not allowed to use in-battle items such as Revives.
Sage can be found in the north of Sprout Tower F3.
Once you become Johto champion, you have the option to initiate the battle with him. Upon battling him, it will be a 12-day cooldown time to rechallenge him.
- Emboldened moves avail from a STAB bonus when deployed by that Pokémon.
- Italicized moves are functionally broken; see their individualized pages for more information.
Sage has only one level of difficulty, however its level can be compared to an Easy one.
After defeating the Sage Boss, he will reward the player with an Eevee and around 10,000. The Eevee will be initialized at level 10 and has a chance of holding one of five Evolution stone.
After being rewarded above mentioned rewards, you will also be prompted to select an extra Eevee.