Bug Catching Contest
Bug Catching Contest lies in the stophouse between National Park and Route 35. Speak to the Officer NPC at the top left of National Park Stop House 1, to enter the Bug Catching Area. You may stay there for 20 minutes and then get teleported to the Contest Hall, to get your Pokémon evaluated. After catching and submitting any Pokémon within the Bug Catching Area that has 140 or more total IVs, the judge will be impressed and invite the player to talk to him outside of the contest. Outside, he will take the player to an area where Genesect can be caught, on the condition that the player has accumulated over 500 hours of playtime. Once the first condition has been met, it will not be necessary to accomplish it again, even if the player does not meet the required playtime at that time. This also gives the opportunity for the player to prepare his or her Synchronize and false swiper before accepting the offer.
Tips and FAQ
Yes, you can! Before talking to the Contest Judge in National Park Stop House 1, you can get your Synchronize Pokémon, to help you out. We recommend the following for Genesect, as well as a Master Ball to be 100% sure about the outcome:
- Timid Alakazam with the ability Synchronize and with the move Thunder Wave in order to paralyze Genesect.
- Timid Kadabra with the ability Synchronize and with the move Thunder Wave in order to paralyze Genesect.
- Timid Mew with the ability Synchronize and with the moves Thunder Wave and False Swipe.
- The server crashed / I defeated Genesect. Can I somehow get another chance!?
- Can I use Genesect in PvP?
Unfortunately, you cannot. Genesect is banned in PvP, therefore it cannot be used.
- Can Genesect be shiny?
No. All legendary Pokémon acquired from their respective quests are shiny-locked.