|Goldenrod City Game Corner - Johto|
A positional vantage point of Goldenrod City Game Corner in Johto.
Goldenrod City Game Corner is the casino of Goldenrod City, built immediately behind the Pokémon Center. Unlike the other Game Corners, this Johto Game Corner is functional, although in a very different way than in the original games. The coins are not used for gambling and get more coins, but rather to receive rewards, with some of them randomized.
The Arcade Receptionist will be the NPC to talk to for buying Game Coins, as well as spending Reward Points obtained from spending those Game Coins. However, he will not offer his services until the boss duo Pewdie and Diepy has been defeated, as they have made the building their private Game Center.
Once unlocked, the Arcade Receptionist will offer the following options:
- Check Game Coins and Reward Points
- Buy Game Coins: Each Game Coin costs 80,000, and only 10 can be bought per 24 hours.
- Exchange Game Coins: The Arcade Receptionist will give one Game Coin in exchange for 5 Arcade Game Coins.
- Spend reward points: Reward points can be spent to buy rare Syncable Pokémons or a significant chance at a shiny Pokémon.
Each Pokémon costs 5 Reward points and will be level 5. Once the prize is bought, the player will be teleported to a room where he can prepare his or her team before starting the battle with that pokemon. The Pokémons that can be bought are as follow:
Possible Shiny Pokémons
A certain set of more common Pokémons can be bought with a significant chance of being shiny. The more Reward Points the player spends, the higher the chances that the Pokémon is shiny. The choices are as follow:
- 40 Reward points for 5% Shiny chance.
- 60 Reward points for 10% Shiny chance.
- 80 Reward points for 15% Shiny chance.
- 100 Reward points for 20% Shiny chance.
The pokemons that can be bought are as follow:
The Slot Machines are the main attraction of the Game Corner, being where you spend Game Coins. The boss duo Pewdie and Diepy will be required to be defeated before being able to gamble any Game Coin.
Once unlocked, spending the Game Coins in the Slot Machines next to the two Gamers will reward the player with 1 Reward Point and a random prize amongst the following list:
Gamers Pewdie and Diepy
The boss duo Pewdie and Diepy will be gambling in the game corner. Having made the building their private Game Corner, it will be necessary to first defeat them before being able to make any use of the Game Corner.
The duo will not accept the player's challenge unless he or she is the Johto Champion, has a full party of 6 level 100 Pokémons and has no Ghost or Dark type Pokémons. See the main article for more information.
- Main article: Gamers Pewdie and Diepy (boss)