|Join the Newly Instated PRO Wiki Discord!|
Bosses, oftentimes phrasally referred to as boss NPCs, are transcendent battle NPCs that can be challenged by qualifying players for an assortment of high-end rewards and feature-unlockings.
Since bosses constitute the strongest NPC-deployed lineups in the game—having maximal stats attainable by players—they are considered the fulcrum of the PvE (player versus environment) aspect in Pokémon Revolution Online.
As of December 2018, scripters began to revamp already existing bosses. The reworked bosses include changes to their team lineup, rewards, player requirements, and Pokemons' effort values and levels. The aforementioned bosses now have three difficulty levels for the player to choose from.
Boss NPCs are identifiable by their distinctively red or purple-colored names on the overworld, while those with red names are 'normal' bosses and those with purple names are 'superbosses' which are considered to be much more difficult. Some bosses might not be visible to the players until their prerequisites have been satisfied.
Boss rework 2019
The boss rework was issued and is still ongoing to improve the boss NPC's in general. All reworked bosses are coded in Python and not in Xanascript anymore, which gives new opportunities. Reworked bosses can now have held items as well. One of the biggest benefits is, that the Python script sees when if the server crashed in order to not count a lose in case the player fought against the boss while the server crashed. In such a case, the player can simply re-fight the boss.
The boss rework implies a challenge for players on any experience level who do enjoy doing bosses because of the three difficulty level every not story related boss has, which ensures that bosses are challengable for newer players and also be a chellange for those who have a high Pokémon knowledge. Boss teams are decisively reworked and only contain level 100 Pokémon. EVs and hold items do vary among other things - also depending on the difficulty level.
- Easy: bosses have no EVs and no hold items; as well as a weakened moveset. Consecutive win rewards are also not available.
- Medium: bosses have 252 EVs in each stat and hold items.
- Hard: bosses have 400 EVs in each stat and hold items. Furthermore, the player is not allowed to use in-battle items such as Revives.
As of (6.17.2019) the reworked bosses are:
Given their enviable rewards and stature as cream-of-the-crop end-game content, they typically will impose lofty requirements in order to be challengable.
While requirements will boss-specifically vary, there are many commonalities and baselines that are shared among them; the more prevalent ones include 200-plus hours of playtime and six level-100 on-hand Pokémon.
The main requirement is to be champion of the region the boss stays on. The scale of the rewards is controlled by three different difficulty grades - Easy, Medium and hard. Some bosses also have a hour requirement, but only if they are connected with special events such like catching a legendary Pokémon.
Some boss NPCs are compulsory in order to unlock essential features or progressional thresholds; for example, Youngster Joey must be defeated in order to advance to Hoenn, since he will occlude the transregional porter thereto until he is defeated. For the most part, however, boss NPCs are optional to battle but tremendously rewardful for those who defeat them, as they offer Pokémon, items and other commodities that might not be as handily obtainable, otherwise.
While prizesets will boss-specifically vary, most of them follow the same paradigm of reward-distrubiting. Most offer initially randomized prizes—typically enviable Pokémon or items at commensurately varying odds—until the incremental thresholds are met; typically after three-consecutive wins against the boss, they will allow you to select the prize, sometimes augmenting the selectable prizes to extra prizes that might not be rewardable, otherwise.
The consecution of battles will reset either upon losing to the boss or after the third-consecutive win. Bosses typically will remind you what streak you are on after defeating them.
Many bosses will reward Pokémon that might either be unhuntable or ultra-rare, otherwise.
Boss-rewarded Pokémon may also have potential shiny counterparts, but most stipulate that the incremental thresholds must be met before the shiny chance is possible.
Many bosses are also multifunctional in the sense that they may serve as vendors or as move tutors. In these cases, they typically will require being battled at least one time before their commercial services are accessible; this entails that the requirements are satisfied, or they may not have any accessibly serviceable feature.
Reworked bosses have rewards depending on the difficulty level you beat them. As harder the difficulty as more valuable is the reward normally. The exact reward is random generated based on a list of possible rewards and contains at least a money reward. There are three difficulty level: Easy, Medium and Hard. For extra rewards, the Medium and Hard level have a three-time win streak.
Easy: 85% chance for tier 1, 10% for tier 2 and 5% for tier 3 rewards, 5-10k money reward.
Medium: 80% chance for tier 1, 10% for tier 2 and 10% for tier 3 rewards, 12-30k money reward, +2 PvE Coins.
Hard: 60% chance for tier 1, 25% for tier 2 and 15% for tier 3 rewards, 20-40k money reward, +4 PvE Coins.
Once a player beat a boss three times in a row, you can choose one extra reward Pokémon out of the choice of four. Which, depends on the boss. The possible rewarded Pokémon on the hard mode are considered as slightly more valuable than those you may get on the Medium mode.
All presently challengable bosses are tabulated hereunder. Click on the boss name to access its individualized page for much more elaborate information regardingly.
All bosses on the tabular list below are discontinued bosses, meaning that they previously existed but were removed from the game, made inaccessible, or have been substantially reworked.
|9oomy & Gouseru||Kanto||Love Island (House 1)||12 days|
|Greinjack||Johto||In front of Blackthorn City's Pokémart||12 days|
|Guardian Kaguya||Phantasm Land||Unison Mountain Summit||2 days|
|Kagawa||Vulcan Island||Kalijodo Lake||6 days|
|Mayor Gorge||Phantasm Land||Unison Mountain 3F||2 days|
|Officer Wargreymon||Kanto||Pewter City Jail||12 days|
|Old Lady Janice||Hoenn||Lilycove City (Motel 2F)||12 days|
|Ravine||Hoenn||Mt. Pyre Summit||12 days|
|Sgath & Keres||Kanto||Love Island (House 1)||12 days|
|Shieon||Cryofrost||Mistpeak Valley House||12 days|
|Summer Guardian Lime||Vulcan Island||Kalijodo Lake||3 days|
|Summer Guardian Rin||Vulcan Island||Vulcan Island Shore||3 days|
|Zetsu||Phantasm Land||Bittersweet Cave 4F||3 days|
Most bosses will be rechallengable after 12 days have elapsed; the main exceptions are quest-compulsory bosses, which either cool down after 2 hours or will not be rechallengable by virtue of the fact that simply battling them will suffice to unlock the progressional reward.
The cooldown times can be checked by speaking to the cooldown-checker in Celadon Office 2F, Goldenrod City House 1, Slateport City House 1, or Canalave City House 1; they will give you a confirmatory response as to whether or not they are ready.
For reworked bosses, you need to use the cooldown-checker in Celadon Office 2F as they cant be displayed on the other, xanascript coded NPC's. Once all bosses are reworked, those NPC's will be exchanged.
If you seek a more quantitative answer on the remaining cooldown time, you can interact with the boss in question; they will quantify how much time is remaining before they are rechallengable when asked.